Saturday, July 25, 2009

The face in the mirror - A poem

THE FACE IN THE MIRROR
----------------------------------

There are times in life
When it cuts like a knife

You feel the pain
Everything seems to be in vain

"Why me?" you cry
Deafening silence but no reply

In times like these
When hope seems to cease

A helping hand is a must
And a somebody you can trust!

She has been with you
when you were feeling blue

At your jokes, she laughed
While others had scoffed

She stayed with you, be it day or night
Like a string attached to a runaway kite

She is your hero, your only hope
If you find yourself at the end of the rope

You know her not?!
Oh, it’s a pity!
Fret not
She lives in the same city!

Just look at the mirror
There's no escaping her!
Well, but it’s a known face I see
Staring back at me!
Oh, now I see!
The hero lies in me!!!!

----------------------------------

No comments: